|Education||Case Studies||Useful Links Contact Us Search|
Specification for the assessment of the life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services.
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are often viewed at global, national, corporate or organizational levels, however emissions within these groupings can arise from supply chains within business, between businesses, and between nations. The GHG emissions associated with goods and services reflect the impact of processes, materials and decisions occurring throughout the life cycle of goods and services.
Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 2050 was developed as a consistent method for assessing the life cycle GHG emissions of goods and services.
For organizations that supply goods and services, PAS 2050:
- Allows internal assessment of the existing life cycle GHG emissions of goods and services
- Facilitates the evaluation of alternative product configurations, sourcing and manufacturing methods, raw material choices and supplier selection on the basis of the life cycle GHG emissions associated with goods and services
- Provides a benchmark for ongoing programmes aimed at reducing GHG emissions
- Allows for a comparison of goods or services using a common, recognized and standardized approach to life cycle GHG emissions assessment
- Supports reporting on corporate responsibility.
For consumers of goods and services, PAS 2050:
- Provides a common basis from which the results of life cycle GHG emissions assessments can be reported and communicated
- Provides an opportunity for greater consumer understanding of life cycle GHG emissions when making purchasing decisions and using goods and services.
You can view or download a copy of the PAS 2050 guide and full PAS 2050 specification from the BSi site here.